Halloween Safety Tips for North Garland
October brings pumpkin flavored everything, fall décor and of course – candy! Halloween traditions like decorative haystacks, paper ghosts, glowing jack-o-lanterns and flowing costumes can unfortunately, also be fire risks. There is good news though – all of these are easily controlled with the following safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns.
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric.
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them.
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costume.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
At SERVPRO of North Garland, we wish you and your families a safe and happy Halloween! Remember that if anything scary happens we are here around the clock to help. Give us a call at 972-476-2441.