Get SERVPRO Clean to Prevent the Spread of Germs
Deep Cleaning Keeps Your Space Safe
Deep cleaning removes dirt and biohazardous materials and is a prevention strategy for future issues.
People recognize SERVPRO as the industry frontrunner for water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, and disaster recovery. But our expertise doesn't stop there - we also specialize in commercial and residential deep cleaning.
Our cleanings go beyond the general practices of most janitorial services - we use advanced cleaning tools, technologies, and techniques. We follow CDC guidelines and use only safe, hospital-grade cleaning solutions that eliminate germs.
When SERVPRO comes into a facility for a deep clean, we will:
- Disinfect all floors and flat surfaces with strong and safe cleaning solutions.
- Clean the HVAC system to remove dust and mites that cause or worsen reactions.
- Address any fabric that needs cleaning such as drapes, upholstery or carpet.
Removing pathogens and allergens help prevent the spreading of sickness within a shared space. When our team is finished cleaning, you can rest assured that your business, home, school, or church is SERVPRO clean, disinfected, and sanitized.
For more information about our cleaning services, call SERVPRO of North Garland at 214-522-3000.
Resolve to Do Maintenance
It's important to do maintenance checks on your home to start the new year right.
Happy 2022 to our North Garland Neighbors!
Accidents happen and SERVPRO of North Garland is here to help our neighbors recover from any size disaster. But being a good neighbor also means sharing information – so here are 5 maintenance must-dos to kick of the new year.
- Give your gutters a good onceover to make sure they are clean since clogs can trap moisture and lead to leaks.
- Test smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers to make sure they are working. Now is a great time to develop a Family Escape Plan as well -https://www.SERVPROnorthgarland.com/blog/fire-smoke-damage-restoration#247395
- Prevent leaks and odors by cleaning the garbage disposal – grind several ice cubes, then flush with hot water and baking soda.
- Inspect the roof for missing, loose, or damaged shingles and leaks.
- Know where your water shut off valve is and make sure you have a key to open it.
- Call us to get a free Emergency Readiness Assessment for your home or office. Our experts will check for concerns and help build a resource plan for managing potential emergencies.
Your neighborhood restoration experts are here if you need us – call SERVPRO of North Garland at (972) 496-2441,
Water Damage & Home Owners Insurance
SERVPRO can help you manage the claims process.
According to the Insurance Services Office (ISO), water damage claims are the second most frequent insurance claim, impacting 1 in 50 homeowners each year. Many of these claims end up denied because of the type of damage reported.
What Type of Damage Will Be Covered?
"Sudden or Accidental" coverage is typically covered by insurance. This is damage that happens as the result of an identifiable incident like a storm or a busted water heater. In this case you can make a claim and the resulting damage will be covered, but not the item that caused it. You will have to pay your deductible and the cost to replace what broke, leading to damage (water heater, dishwasher, etc.)
Damage that happens over time is considered "Gradual" and will not be covered unless your policy has an exception. This could include rusted pipes or other slow leaks that culminate in damage. Proper maintenance, and documentation of it, is key to preventing structural deterioration.
Equally important is understanding your homeowner's policy, including what is and isn't covered. Review it thoroughly and ask your agent to clarify anything that you don't understand.
Filing a Claim
If you do find water damage and need to file a claim – SERVPRO of Park Cities can help you navigate the process. Call us as soon as it happens and our team will come out to properly document all damage and stop any further issues. We work closely with insurance providers to ensure they have all the required information in order to properly verify and pay the claim.
"Like it never even happened."
If you do have water damage, we are available 24/7 to restore your home to it's original state.
Less Downtime When You Dry Ice Blast
Dry Ice Blasting is an effective way to speed up restoration after a fire.
As a commercial property owner, you know how important it is to get back to work after any sort of disaster. We've been working with large and small commercial properties for over 50 years and have an arsenal of restoration techniques depending on the building and situation. One of the fastest and most eco-friendly one is referred to as Dry-Ice Blasting (also called CO2 Blasting, or Dry Ice Dusting.)
Dry-ice blasting is used to remove surface stains - most often this is char, soot and residue that is left behind after the flames have been extinguished. It works by using compressed air to accelerate dry ice pellets to create mini-explosions that lift the stain from the substrate. Despite how that sounds - it is non-abrasive , non-conductive and can be used without damaging active electrical or mechanical equipment.
In most cases, items won’t need to be disassembled because it finds its way into small spaces between parts. Disassembly and reassembly are time consuming so dry-ice blasting can reduce downtime so you can return to business quicker.
Our goal is to put things back together so that it looks and feels like “it never happened.” If you experience fire damage, SERVPRO of North Garland can dry-ice blast away the damage, remove lingering odors and minimize downtime for you and your tenants.
If your business needs help with fire damage, give SERVPRO of North Garland a call at 972-496-2441.
Prevent House Fires
House fires are the most common - know how to prevent them.
Home fires are the most common calls that fire stations get - and more often than not, they were due to carelessness on the owner's part. Here are the most common causes of house fires and how you can prevent them.
Home cooking fires account for approximately $1 billion in property damage, 550 deaths and 4,820 injuries every year. Never leave a stove unattended and always have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
Electrical fires, often caused by malfunctioning appliances, account for 13% of all residential fires, and18% of all civilian fire deaths. These fires are most likely to occur in colder months as people use their heaters more. Never leave a space heater unattended or go to sleep while it is on. Get appliances properly checked in the fall so you head into colder months with confidence.
Candles may generate a small flame, but they can also cause big damage. Most candle fires occur when other household items, such as furniture and curtains, are kept too close to the flame. It only takes a few seconds for them to catch fire and consume the house.
Children playing with fire are responsible for $172 million in property damages every year. Proper fire safety education is vital when it comes to preventing these accidents.
Smoking is one of the leading causes of home fire deaths. Never smoke cigarettes near combustible materials or smoke in bed. Always dispose of the cigarette in sand or water to prevent it catching fire in the trashcan or yard.
Should you experience a fire in your home or office, SERVPRO of North Garland is here to help.
Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!
If you love fried turkey - make sure you know the rules for frying!
Who doesn't love a deep friend turkey? You might think this is an easy DIY - but failed fryers are one of the most common sources of fire damage throughout the fall.
Here are some tips to keep your turkey trouble-free.
- Don't Use Too Much Oil - Even a small amount of oil can catch flame if it comes into contact with a burner. If the pot is too full, oil can spill when you insert the turkey. The U.S. Fire Administration suggests that you first place the turkey in a pot with water so you will know the correct amount of oil.
- Don’t Leave a Fryer Unattended – deep fryers may not have thermostat controls and can overheat to the point of combustion. It’s crucial to stay close and to check the temperature of the oil often. Deep Fat Fryers are also easy to tip over – so make sure the area is secure and monitored.
- Never Use a Fryer Inside – these should always be used outdoors on a solid surface (not a deck or under a patio cover.)
- No Frozen Turkeys in the Fryer - Make sure you thaw your turkey completely prior to cooking. When a frozen turkey comes into contact with high temperature oil it causes lots of steam. The steam can make the oil boil over and catch fire.
- Keep a Fire Extinguisher & Pot Holders Nearby - make sure you have a fire extinguisher and well-insulated potholders nearby since the lid, sides and handles get insanely hot and you could end up with harsh burns if not careful.
- Keep Others Safe - never let children or pets near the fryer when in use or after use as the oil can remain hot for hours.
SERVPRO of North Garland wishes you and your family a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Will Insurance Cover This?
It's important to understand your policy coverage before having to file a claim.
It's important to know what your insurance will and won't cover when it comes to water damage. Most policies do NOT cover "gradual" damage - which happens over time instead of a sudden or accidental event.
This type of damage happens most often in homes that haven't been properly maintained. Often rusted pipes or other slow leaks lead to indoor flooding and not all policies include this coverage.
If your hot water heater busts, an appliance leaks or there is water damage from a storm - it's likely you can file a claim to cover the resulting damage.
Many people don't realize that the broken item itself is not covered - only the repairs that are necessary as a result of the incident. In addition, you will have to pay your deductible and the cost to replace what broke, leading to damage (water heater, dishwasher, etc.)
If you do find water damage and need to file a claim – we can help you navigate the process. Call us as soon as it happens and our team will come out to properly document all damage and stop any further issues. We work closely with insurance providers to ensure they have all the required information in order to properly verify and pay the claim in a timely manner.
We are available 24/7 to help and make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Honors First Responders
SERVPRO understands the importance of a fast response.
One of the reasons we love being part of SERVPRO is our association with the First Responder Bowl. We know the importance of a quick response - so it's only fitting that our organization highlights local heroes who are first on site to help people in disastrous situations.
First Responders are humble selfless servants that place everyone's needs before their own. These are individuals that sacrifice their life, health, and time with their families to serve the people in their communities. They often are coming out of an emergency situation just as SERVPRO is going in.
Every year, SERVPRO does the "Honor a Responder" program where franchises can submit local heroes in hopes that they will be chosen the First Responder of the Year. Winners are honored at the annual First Responder Bowl in December. It's a great way to show our roots are local and our coverage is global.
The game is a couple of months away, but our respect for all First Responders is year-round.
10 Tips for a Fire-Free Fall
Keep your fall fire free with these safety tips.
There are 2x more residential fires on Thanksgiving Day than any other day of the year. So November is a good month to remind everyone how to stay safe from fire. Here are 10 tips:
- Watch your cooking - never leave a stove unattended. If you have to leave, turn it off.
- Give space heaters space - portable heaters should be at least 3 feet from anything that could burn. Always turn them off when leaving the room or going to sleep.
- No smoking in the house - ask smokers to smoke outside. Have sturdy, deep ashtrays for smokers.
- Keep matches and lighters up high, out of the reach of children.
- Replace electrical cords that are cracked, damaged, have broken plugs, or loose connections.
- Keep candles at least one foot from anything that can burn. Blow them out candles when you leave the room or go to sleep.
- Make a home fire escape plan and practice it with your family / roommates at least twice a year.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas. Interconnect smoke alarms throughout the home so that when one sounds, they all sound.
- Then, test your smoke alarms at least once a month and replace batteries once a year or when the alarm “chirps” to tell you the battery is low. Replace any smoke alarm that is more than 10 years old.
- If you are building or remodeling your home, install residential fire sprinklers. Sprinklers can contain and may even extinguish a fire in less time than it would take the fire department to arrive.
At SERVPRO of North Garland, we've seen the damage that fire can do and want your to keep your fall flame free.
SERVPRO of North Garland Offers Commercial Services
Here to help the business community of North Garland
If you're a business owner, then you know your property says a lot about your business to potential clients and customers. This is why it's essential to build trust and present your business or public space as a safe, clean place to be.
With more than 50 years of experience, we’ve earned the reputation as a trusted leader in the restoration industry and specialize in fire and water damage, specialty cleaning, mold, and so much more.
Our highly-trained professionals understand your need to keep business going, even after an emergency. That’s why we offer flexible solutions, working after hours or around the clock to complete your restoration project. In many cases, SERVPRO of North Garland can clean up in a way that the damaged space can be safely isolated from functional space so that normal operations can proceed around the cleanup. This minimizes the downtime you have for your facility.
We’re Faster to any size disaster™ providing 24/7 emergency service.