Emergency Supply Kit
Severe weather can happen anytime, anywhere. In North Texas we are particularly prone to experiencing severe weather throughout every season.
Approximately 98% of all disasters declared emergent by the president are weather-related, leading to around 500 deaths per year and nearly $15 billion in damage. Preparing an emergency supply kit can help keep you and your family safe if you're ever caught in an severe storm situation.
Build an Emergency Supply Kit
- Water (1 gallon per person per day)
- Food (non-perishable 3-day supply)
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a NOAA Weather Radio
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust masks or bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents; copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account information
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
Contact SERVPRO of North Garland for more readiness tips and tools, including SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile (ERP). Having an ERP in place for your facility can help minimize business interruption in the event of a disaster.